Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keyboard navigation showing properties

dfm says:
Apologies if this is covered here somewhere; I've looked, but maybe just don't know the right term to search under.

I'm using Chrome (28) on Macintosh (10.8.4).

If I drag my mouse, without click, up and down the tasks in a list they highlight with blue, and the little pane on the right giving properties about them (due date, repeat, number notes, number of times postponed, etc.) updates to correspond to the one under the mouse pointer.

The little chevron type pointer on the left, that is adjusted with the j and k keyboard shortcuts, however, does *not* make that little pane of useful information update. To do that I then have to press 'i' to select the task, then press 'i' again to unselect it before moving on. So trying to look at information for each of my tasks requires three keypresses: iji or iki.

This is mildly annoying. Is there anyway to walk through the tasks in a list with the keyboard a little more efficiently? I'm kind of surprised the cursor controlled by j and k doesn't update the property gizmo.
Posted at 3:36pm on July 16, 2013
dfm says:
On further reflection, it seems like maybe a bug that that chevron pointer doesn't update the properties. As you move it, it tears down the highlighting that the mouse established, so there's no way to even tell which task the properties things is displaying information for! (To first approximation you might think you could match on the name, inconvenient as that would be, but that's ambiguous, since tasks don't have to have unique names!)

I've confirmed that I'm seeing the same behavior under Safari, too.
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dfm,
Yes, that may happen. I've added that to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience!

In the meantime, you can reset it by using j/k to move the symbol up and down.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.