Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Evernote reminders and repeating task

oletros says:
I have set up the integration between Evernote and RTM and the Evernote reminders appear perfectly.

The problem is that when I set a reminder as repeating, the reminder date doesn't refresh on Evernote when the task is done and the reminder appears as done.

Is this the expected behaviour?
Posted at 3:03pm on June 6, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi oletros,
Currently repeats don't sync to Evernote, so completed tasks will sync the completed reminder, but future instances in Remember The Milk will still allow you to link back to that note.

It sounds like you'd prefer it to sync the new instance of the Remember The Milk task as the Evernote note's future reminder?
Posted 10 years ago
oletros says:
Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I had thought that the new reminder date and state would sync to Evernote
Posted 10 years ago
dbcoyer says:
I would expect that the new due date in RTM would set the Evernote reminder date so the two would be in sync.
Posted 10 years ago
brendan says:
Thank you both for your feedback on these repeating tasks!

I'll make sure the development team sees this so they can take a look at the behavior.
Posted 10 years ago
robvanvliet says:
Ik would also expect the Evernote date to change to the first future occurrence of the rtm task.
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hear hear. I agree on all above
Posted 10 years ago
brady747 says:
Agreed on all the above. Thanks for the quick reply brendan, keep up the good work!
Posted 10 years ago
steve23606 says:
+1

Automatically generated task should update the reminder date on Evernote.

Otherwise, they're no longer in sync!
Posted 10 years ago
jhollington says:
+1

Further, while the new instance of the task retains the link to the Evernote note, the actual items don't otherwise seem to be associated, so things like changes don't sync between RTM and Evernote (e.g. changing the title). Further, if you re-add the reminder in Evernote, you end up with a duplicate task, since this process creates a new task.
Posted 10 years ago
pstoffel says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
lbrt says:
+1 I agree with all the above: right now it's rather messy
Posted 10 years ago
edzf says:
+ 1
Posted 10 years ago
itamarost says:
+1

I thought the all point of sync'ing the reminders between RTM and Evernote was that RTM would update the due date of the Evernote note to the nearest next occurrence.

Maybe it would also be nice if RTM appends to the end of the note some message like "Occurrence marked as complete on . Next occurrence set to by RTM.".
Seems to me like a nice-to-have feature for tracking etc.
Posted 10 years ago
itamarost says:
err, it stripped placeholders that looked like HTML...
The message I offered: "Occurrence [prev-reminder-time] marked as complete on [date-time]. Next occurrence set to [next-reminder-time] by RTM."
Posted 10 years ago
bozso says:
I also would like to see this feature implemented. (I.e., deadline update propagating from RTM into Evernote.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.