Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Forum question

iwaddo says:
Hi

As a new'ish user I just wanted to feedback two points with the forum that seem behind the times.

1, the new posts flag only seems to stay on until I've looked at one new post then they all disappear - so no way of browsing for new posts.

2, I'd love to be able to subscribe or follow a post - this does not seem possible.

I can't help wondering that there might be more forum activity if the forum software was a little more up to date.

There are loads of useful posts from some very experienced users but it feels like hard work trying to find them or follow them.

Love the app, don't love the forum.

Regards
Posted at 3:36pm on February 2, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi iwaddo,
Thanks for your feedback. A few comments:
1. At least for a single forum, you could browse posts in a new tab, so the forum page wouldn't refresh right away.
2. This isn't possible, sorry. It would be possible to add a task to Remember The Milk with the topic URL associated for at least one way of getting back to it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks again for sharing your feedback with us!
Posted 11 years ago
iwaddo says:
Hi, your reply, whilst honest and to the point leaves me wondering why RTM is not doing more to encourage user participation and feedback.
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Scanning the forums for new replies, you could start with he oldest threads and work up.
Posted 11 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I follow the forums, which do have some real limitations, via their Atom feeds and Google Reader. I find it much easier to stay on top of cutting-edge RTM issues, and awesome Rajjan-authored search strings, than any other method I have ever tried.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.