Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to share with non-RTM user?

nthdegreeburns says:
My spouse is NOT an RTM user, and nor do I think she ever will be.

That said, I'd like for my them be able to subscribe to 1-2 "list" calendars so that they know when things like house and dog tasks are due.

How can I do this without them being an RTM user? Without risking publicizing calendars / feeds?
Posted at 4:25am on January 16, 2013
brendan says:
Hi nthdegreeburns,
It's not currently possible to send or share tasks with users who do not have a Remember The Milk account, sorry.

You are able to create a public URL for a list by publishing it. This would allow your wife to view the list but not make any changes, but the list is available to anyone who has the URL.
Posted 11 years ago
nthdegreeburns says:
Are the public URLs pretty well obfuscated or no?
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nthdegreeburns,
The list looks something like this:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/username/1234567/

(where "1234567" is your list ID).

The list ID shouldn't exactly be able to be guessed, but it's not terribly obfuscated. Keep in mind too that publishing publicly would mean the list is able to be searched by search engines too.

If you're looking for something more obfuscated, it may be preferable to pass along the RSS or iCalendar feeds. Those have more obfuscated private addresses, but that's probably okay to share with your wife. :)

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.