Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Limit to length of task?

doshit says:
I'm trying to build a formula in an Excel sheet that will take my CSV-exported Toodledo tasks and write "smartadd" lines so that I can bulk import via email.

On the very first task -- I seem to be hitting a LENGTH limit, on my task name ?? No matter how I send it, it's getting cut off at about 68 characters, or so.

Is there a limit?
Posted at 4:48pm on January 15, 2013
brendan says:
Hi doshit,
I received your email message on this and I've sent a response, but for any other users running into this problem, it's likely that your email client is automatically wrapping the line at a certain number of characters.

Some clients allow you to specify the number of characters per line while others do not give this option at all. You may want to check your email client's settings to see if you can adjust this.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
doshit says:
Yes, that helps.

I had to switch (scary!) to my work email, which uses Outlook (and switched to PLAIN TEXT), to add my tasks.

Think the process could be changed to look for a HARD carriage return/line feed, as the end-of-task indicator?
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi doshit,
Thanks for your feedback; we've added this to our list to investigate.

In the meantime, a fellow Remember The Milk user created this bulk import tool, which you may find useful for your purposes.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.