Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time estimate vs. DTSTART/DTEND

kseistrup says:
When I have a todo item with a time estimate, the corresponding iCal (event) could look like this:

BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20121223T145813Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20121231T121550Z
DTSTAMP:20121231T121550Z
SUMMARY:Tøjvask
UID:FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFF292782250
SEQUENCE:681456
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DESCRIPTION:Time estimate: 3 hours\nTags: adl\nLocation: Home\n\n
DTSTART:20130105T140000
DTEND:20130105T150000
END:VEVENT

Now, when this is imported by an external calendar app, say Gmail, it is shown as having a duration of 1 hour due to the DTSTART/DTEND lines. This is somewhat annoying.

How come RtM doesn't create a correct DTEND line when it knows the duration of the even?

Cheers.
Posted at 9:20am on January 5, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kseistrup,
Unfortunately it's not possible to map time estimate to the duration field since it doesn't necessarily correspond exactly. Emily has posted some notes on why this wouldn't work completely.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
kseistrup says:
Hey Andrewski,

Ok, I get the point — and it makes sense. However, I almost exclusively use RtM as my calendar, so the estimated times I enter are equal to actual durations.

How about a settings switch for people like me so that estimated times will be reflected in the DTSTART-DTEND lines?

Cheers.
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kseistrup,
Thanks for your feedback. In the meantime, you can vote on this idea in our Ideas forum. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
kseistrup says:
Done, thanks for the pointer! :)
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.