Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Adding weekly repeating tasks to a smart list

waireka says:
I have a smart list for my tasks to do for that week. However a task which I have set to repeat every Tuesday (with no priority) does not appear on the Smart list unless I add a priority. My smart list search is: (priority:1 AND status:incomplete) OR (dueBefore:Monday AND status:incomplete) OR (priority:2 AND status:incomplete). What can I do to fix it? Thanks.
Posted at 3:55am on December 8, 2012
brendan says:
Hi waireka,
The search criteria you gave isn't filtering out repeating tasks specifically, so the problem is most likely that the task is due on Tuesday and is being filtered out by the dueBefore:Monday clause.

One solution would be to use the isRepeating search operator to show repeating tasks regardless of their due date. For example:

(priority:1 AND status:incomplete) OR (dueBefore:Monday AND status:incomplete) OR (priority:2 AND status:incomplete) OR (isRepeating:true AND status:incomplete)

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Just a friendly advice: There really is no reason to include status:incomplete in searches, it doesn't change anything and makes the search criteria harder to check.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.