Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Smart List: Different results on Web & Android

kacrocker says:
I recently updated a smart list from: (dueBefore:tomorrow and not dueBefore:yesterday) or (tag:next and not dueBefore:Yesterday)
To: (dueBefore:tomorrow+1 and not dueBefore:yesterday) or (tag:next and not dueBefore:Yesterday)
(Goal: one list for showing everything due yesterday, today or tomorrow)

After making the update the new version is working fine in web browsers on multiple devices, but the change isn't reflected on my Android devices (even after ensuring they have been refreshed).

To confirm that it wasn't an issue with the changes to the list syncing I setup a new list with the new search. It showed right away on my Android devices, but showed different results than in the web.

Additional Detail: Android devices are running stock OS: Asus Transformer with Ice Cream Sandwich, Nexus S with Jelly Bean, NexusOne with Gingerbread. All running current version of RTM app: 2.0.11.

I don't have easy access to an iOS device to compare the results, but could make arrangements if necessary.

Current theory: Android handles searches differently than Web, specifically as it relates to the "tomorrow+1" variable.
Is this a know issue? If so, is there a work around?
Posted at 1:52am on October 29, 2012
brendan says:
Hi kacrocker,
I see the difference between the web app and the Android app with this search as well, so I wanted to let you know I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, you might want to try using the following search instead:

(dueWithin:"2 days" OR due:yesterday) OR (tag:next AND NOT dueBefore:yesterday)

Does this give you the results you need on both platforms?

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.