Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

repeat every month on the 31st

weiszguy says:
When I set a task to repeat every month on the 31st, that task doesn't occur in a month with less than 31 days. September, for example, only has 30 days, so my task doesn't occur.

This is not the behavior I expect. The task should repeat every month. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Is there a work-around?
Posted at 9:29pm on September 28, 2012
brendan says:
Hi weiszguy,
It's not currently possible to create a task that repeats on the last day of every month regardless of how many days are in the month, sorry.

Depending on your situation, you may want to try using a repeat such as every month on the 28th or every month on the last Friday to work around this.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Nice repeat intervals I'd like to see:
every month on the last day
or
every month on the last workday
Posted 11 years ago
weiszguy says:
thx brendan. I'm managing loan payments, so I'd really like to have an option for the last day of the month.

I agree with both of rajjan's ideas.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Thank you both for your feedback on this!

If you haven't already, please vote for these intervals in our Ideas forum here and here too.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd love a last day of the month repeat. That's when I usually do my monthly review. I've had to set up 6 tasks instead of 1 in order to get the reminders.

4 annually repeating tasks for April, June, September, and November.
1 annually repeating task for February 28th. (Postpone it a day in a leap year.)
1 monthy repeating task for the 31st of the month - only appears in January, March, May, July, August, October and December.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can I ask why this seems to be so difficult to do? I know that in Outlook you can do last day of the month, last weekday and last weekend day, so it must be possible to code. Though Google calender also doesn't do it., which also annoys me!
Posted 11 years ago
weiszguy says:
voted
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.