Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Schedule a task on multiple dates

mmasroorali says:
Is it possible to schedule a task on multiple dates? The dates do not have any repeat pattern and quite random.

I know that I can create a task, duplicate it and then change the date of the second one, and so on. But is it possible to schedule it on multiple dates in one go?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Posted at 12:55am on September 14, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mmasroorali,
There's no way to schedule multiple due dates, or to set due dates for one task all at once, to most directly answer your question; sorry.

Aside from duplicating the task and going from there, you can also set a repeat, e.g. "after 1 day": after you complete your task, the next one will be generated, and at that point you can change the due date on the next task.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
mmasroorali says:
I am already using the `after' feature. But as I have pointed out, the task I am trying to schedule on multiple dates are completely random, without any repeat property. You need to enter, say, five dates, all without any relationship among them.
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for your feedback on how you'd like this to work. If you'd like to add your feedback to our Ideas forum so others could discuss it too or vote on it, you're welcome to.

Let us know if you have any other feedback!
Posted 11 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You could set up an Excel file with say 5 lines, having the due date as a separate field and then concatenate the lines and send the whole thing to RTM using the bulk import adress: user+XXXXXX+import@rmilk.com

This in combination with the smart add syntax should have you going in no time!

A link to an Excel file you can modify to your liking:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15611109/RTM%20random%20dates.xlsx
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.