Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Setting for Mountain Lion reminders not saving (nor working!)

olliebaum says:
Hello,
After having seen RTM's new integration with Mountain Lion's Notification Center, I tried to enable it in my account settings under the Reminders tab as shown in the original blog post. After initially not seeing any option at all in Chrome, I ran RTM from the fluid app that I made for it and the option appeared there. Once enabled, I opened an RTM tab in Chrome and set up some test tasks to try out the notification center functionality. When the notifications didn't arrive, I then realised that the setting had reset itself to 'off'. I went to the settings page of RTM again (this time within Chrome) and the option was showing up so I reset it to 'on'. I have run some more tests but have yet to get any notifications through at all!
Posted at 12:30pm on August 14, 2012
brendan says:
Hi olliebaum,
If you haven't done so already, can you try clearing your cache and cookies for Chrome? You can find instructions on how to do that here. After clearing them, please try resetting the Desktop notifications by turning the reminder off and back on.

If that doesn't help, would you be able to contact us so that we can take a closer look?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
olliebaum says:
Hi, I have it working now (or, at least, I think I do)! I had to reinstall Chrome and restart my computer before it worked. The only problem I have encountered is that the reminders do not seem to stay in Notification Center once I have received them, despite the fact that I have the setting for reminders from Chrome to keep at least five earlier notifications - any advice on this?
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi olliebaum,
Glad to hear it's working for you, mostly. :)

It seems that Chrome clears any past notifications when sending a new notification (testing on another site shows this to be a general problem, not just within a single site). You shouldn't find this same problem in Safari, for example. We'll keep an eye on this. Thanks for pointing it out!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.