Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time zone bug in postponing tasks

camerojo says:
I think that there is a bug in task postpone - possibly related to timezones.

I am currently in London but my normal timezone is Australia.

I have discovered that when I postpone a task here in London, it appears to be postponed correctly on the display - but it does not actually register correctly. An easy way to confirm this is by refreshing the browser - the refreshed display shows that the postpone date has not been modified correctly.
Posted at 8:48am on August 10, 2012
brendan says:
Hi camerojo,
At this time Remember The Milk doesn't support shifting timezones; when a due date is set in one timezone, the task will be due at the start of that day (i.e. midnight) in that timezone. Thus, when postponing from a different timezone, the incorrect date will be displayed; sorry for the inconvenience.

You should be able to correct this by resetting a task's due date. In the web app, simply editing the due date and pressing Enter should suffice. (After returning home, you may want to do this for all tasks you added or modified while traveling; the addedAfter: search operator may help. More info on searching can be found here.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.