Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Mountain Lion Desktop Notifications setup not working.

dearmartha says:
Tried to enable desktop notifications as per the tutorial here: http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2012/07/introducing-remember-the-milk-reminders-for-mountain-lion-and-browsers-too/

But I don't get an option for Desktop Notifications. I'm running Mountain Lion, using Firefox. Help?
Posted at 3:44am on August 10, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dearmartha,
This is currently only supported for Safari or Chrome; sorry for not saying that in our post.

Let us know if you have any problems getting this to work in either of those browsers.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
are there any plans for supporting Firefox? I am a dedicated Firefox user and dedicated RTM user.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi tyeguy37,
We don't have any announcements about providing desktop notifications in Firefox at this time, but I'll be sure to pass this on to our development team for review.

Thanks for your feedback!
Posted 11 years ago
judy.williams says:
Just want to say that the blog post on July 26th is less than clear about Mountain Lion Desktop Notifications only working if you are using Safari as a browser. It's not really RTM that is added to the notifications, but the application Safari! And, yes, Firefox would be nice! It appears that the Notification center has default programs that it recognizes, but mine has added a program, Mint QuickView, which is an app that I downloaded from the App Store. I see where this is going, so will only work directly with RTM if RTM becomes an app for my Mac!

Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi judy.williams,
Thanks for your feedback about the blog post and how you'd like this to work.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.