Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Killing my android battery

phaze3131 says:
I've had the Android app about a month now and it used to KILL my battery all the time. I realized the app was syncing in the background. So I turned off the sync option ... well I set it to manual. problem solved I thought.

But I go look at the battery stats on my phone the last few days and I still see rtm in there for around 8% every day.

why is this? more importantly how can I stop it? I don't want it running or updating or syncing, its using my battery and I really wish I could fix this.

ty for the help!
Posted at 8:43am on August 4, 2012
phaze3131 says:
I did another test last night and this is what my battery use looked like during my 7 hour bed time sleep, while my phone was on standby the entire time, with rtm on manual sync only.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/phaze112/Screenshot_2012-08-04-16-41-39.png
Posted 11 years ago
phaze3131 says:
used the phone for about a half hour before falling asleep, thats why there is screen usage on it.
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi phaze3131,
You may also want to look at your Location Settings to see if the app is providing location alerts; those will require a data connection (and can also use GPS, optionally). Also, do you have any widgets on your home screen?

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
phaze3131 says:
Location Alerts are off, and my GPS is only on when I am navigating in my car, so very rarely.

I do not use the RTM widgets, no.

It is using a HUGE chunk of battery and not supposed to be even "running" why is this?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi phaze3131,
Can you contact us via email so we can take a closer look at your app and device settings?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same issue
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mommabeanz,
If you could contact us to discuss some details, we'd love to help! Thanks. :)
Posted 11 years ago
eustaquiorangel says:
I just notice this behaviour. I disconnected my phone from the power source 2 hours ago and RTM ate 13% of my battery till now! Ouch dudes, that's too much.
Posted 11 years ago
eustaquiorangel says:
Btw, I upgraded to Jelly Bean last Friday.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi eustaquiorangel,
We received your support message on this and we've responded via email.

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.