Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Any way to view when a task was added?

msmith25 says:
I'm aware that there's a way to search for tasks that were added within a specific timeframe (e.g., "added:yesterday"). But sometimes I'm looking at a specific task and would like to know when I entered it into the system. Is there any way to tell that, other than a by-hand binary search?
Posted at 5:10am on July 5, 2012
brendan says:
Hi msmith25,
The Added date is only displayed when you perform a search using one of the "added" search operators, so you will need to search in order to see this date. If you know the name of the task, you can combine this with an "added" search that will always be true. For example:

"meeting with Jim" AND addedBefore:tomorrow

This will locate the task named "meeting with Jim" and will display the Added date in the task details.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
msmith25 says:
Ah, okay. That's workable. Can I request that this feature be added, as a display of sorts on the sidebar? Or at least have an option somewhere that lets me decide to have it display? Not urgent, but it comes up often enough that it'd be convenient.
Posted 11 years ago
msmith25 says:
And thank you for your reply, by the way! Sorry for being terse; in the middle of a huge amount of doing right now and I sometimes forget social niceties when I'm doing that. :-)
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi msmith25,
No worries, and thanks for your feedback on this. :)

I'll make sure the development team gets this suggestion for review.
Posted 11 years ago
fisherw says:
I'll second that request for an easier way to see when a task was added.

Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.