Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Using outlook: protocol to link a task to emails in Outlook

hans_wursti says:
Hi,

From some suggestions in the forums, I've build a small macro that transforms an email in Outlook into a task and sends it to RTM. All existing scripts put the message body in the notes. I'd prefer to have a Link to the original mail in the notes, so with one click I can open the original mail and reply to it.

The Problem: RTM does not recognise any 'outlook:EMAIL_GUID' as a link. Not in the notes section nor as the task's url (here a 'http' is always prepended, rendering the link useless). Putting HTML 'a' tags around it in the notes doesn't help either.

Any suggestion how to insert a link with an 'outlook:' protocol in a task?My computer recognises that protocol and uses outlook to open the corresponding mail, if only it was rendered as a link in RTM...

Thanks,
Christoph
Posted at 10:06am on June 14, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Christoph,
I've added that to our list to investigate; sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
Posted 11 years ago
leenlief says:
It would be great if you could put a link to an outlook message into your RMT task!
Posted 11 years ago
leenlief says:
It would be even greater if you could drag and drop an outlook message in for example the note of a task like you can do it in Word.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.