Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

One Hour Off

timmorgan says:
Due dates (times) on emailed tasks are always plus one hour for me. For example, sending the following email will create a task with a due date of Friday 5:00pm:

Subject: Do Stuff
Due: Friday 4:00pm
Posted at 3:31am on October 15, 2005
(closed account) says:
I've noticed the same problem with dates that don't have times--if I specify November 15 in my email, the task's due date is set to November 14, one day earlier.
Posted 18 years ago
victorpang1 says:
Have you set your time zone properly in RTM? Is this the same time zone you have set in your email client?
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes, the time zone is set correctly, and it's the same in both places.
Posted 18 years ago
timmorgan says:
Same here. I even tried changing the RTM time zone one hour in either direction, and got the same result.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
See also this bug report:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/bugs/125/
Posted 18 years ago
timmorgan says:
It's been weeks and no response to this. RTM peeps, are you listening?
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've been fixing a few timezone issues - sorry I didn't realise this one hadn't been fixed.

Can anyone experiencing this problem please tell us the timezone you have set (both on your computer and in Remember The Milk - should be the same), and which email client you're using?

Additionally, is there anyone here who'd be willing to help us diagnose this problem over instant messenger? If so, please send your IM details to [old address removed]
Posted 18 years ago
timmorgan says:
Looks like this has been fixed. Sorry if it's been fixed for weeks; I hadn't checked it in the last several days.

Thanks for following up.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.