Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeat login requests from the RTM mobile interface (using Opera)

grayfo says:
Hi Emily

I'm using a Nokia N70 with the Opera browser to access the mobile version of RTM. RTM 'Today' (secure server, on your advice) is my home page and the 'Remember Me' box is checked.

Having experienced this thing about 'having to login a lot more' during the past few weeks, I did a bit of experimenting. I read about how the Remember Me box uses cookies. I reset my browser to "Always ask" before accepting a cookie (to give things a bit more visibility). Here's what I found...

- Whenever I restart the Opera Browser, I get the RTM login screen (even with 'Remember Me' checked).

- Whenever I login to RTM I get asked to accept a cookie three times. The Opera message reads "Accept cookie from:" but there is no more information (I would have expected it to go on say "...from: RTM" or similar)

- Whenever I add a new task (again, secure server) I get asked once to accept a cookie (same message).

- If I don't accept a cookie, I can't login, even if I UNcheck the 'Remember Me' box.

Could it be that the RTM cookie is not properly formed (it doesn't say who it's from, at least) and that this is part of the problem?

This has only been happening for me during the past few weeks. During that time I have switched to the secure RTM server, but my Opera version and settings have been unchanged (except as detailed above).

This may be related to the following current topics:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/1254/
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/1213/ (recent replies)

Hope this is useful for you. RTM is excellent nevertheless!

Regards

grayfo
Posted at 8:01am on October 27, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
grayfo, thanks for this information.

We'll see if we can check this out -- it may be an issue that's specific to Opera or the phone, so it might be a little tricky to test. It should be fine to accept multiple cookies (it needs to set more cookies for the 'remember me' option to work), but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be remembering the login in between browser sessions. We'll see if we can figure out why that might be happening.
Posted 17 years ago
rockclapper says:
Hi all. Great application! I'm very new to RTM but am having the same problem as grayfo with my Nokia 9300 running Symbian 80 and the Opera browser.

rock@divinr.com
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.