Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Items in Inbox being miscounted

shawny says:
I've noticed over the past few days that the count of items in my Inbox is off. Specifically, I've noticed that when there's 1 actual item in my Inbox, the count shows 3. Just now, with 4 actual items in my Inbox, the count shows 8.

Anyone else seeing this?

I can't say for sure that there's a correlation, but I did recently upgrade to Firefox 2 beta (RC2 and RC3 last evening).
Posted at 12:24am on October 18, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
shawny, thanks for letting us know. Are you referring to the numbers in the 'what's new' boxes on the Overview screen, or the count of incomplete tasks in the actual Inbox list? Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
shawny says:
Right, I should have clarified. I'm referring to the "What's New" box. Just now, I opened RTM and was showing 4 items under "What's New" for Inbox, when in fact there were none.
Posted 17 years ago
shawny, thanks. One further clarification -- is it showing the wrong number in the 'shared tasks' or 'emailed tasks' box? Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
shawny says:
It's showing in "emailed tasks.' I don't personally use the task sharing functions.
Posted 17 years ago
Thanks, we'll check this out.
Posted 17 years ago
shawny says:
Just an update that it's now getting worse in the sense that I just opened RTM and was told that I have 7 new reminders in the Emailed Tasks box, when in fact I have none. Very strange.
Posted 17 years ago
shawny says:
Another update: I've tried removing all RTM cookies, clearing cahces, etc., and it's still there and (oddly) getting worse. This morning, I was showing 13 when there were actually 5.

Help. :)
Posted 17 years ago
shawny, we tracked down the issue and it should be fixed now the next time you login. If you continue to experience problems, please let us know :)
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Thank you, Emily. This has been one of the few, small nagging oddities of RTM, and it'll be nice to have it vanish.
Posted 17 years ago
shawny says:
It is fixed. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.