Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reason(s) to use the "Inbox Email Address" or the "Import Email Address"

biz says:
I understand how to use each of my unique email @rmilk.com eddresses, and what happens when I would use either eddress. And I understand why I might let others (whom I trust) know one or both of these eddresses (e.g., so they could add a Task to my RTM Inbox or Tasks to one of my Lists). But the explanation and examples given in the Help section for each of these eddresses make it sound like I would occasionally (or frequently) want to use these eddresses myself, to send email msgs to myself@rmilk.com. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'm always online when I send email. So I would simply log in to RTM and add the Task(s) to the appropriate List. Is there some other function to these eddresses that I don't understand?

Thanks.
Posted at 10:23am on October 6, 2006
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Here are three examples of why I use this...

1) Someone at work emails me a request and I need to get that on my task list. Rather than move over to my browser, bring the RTM tab to the front (it's always open), move from my smart list to a regular list so I can add a task (oh, I look forward to adding a task from any view), and finally adding the task to RTM, I simply forward the task to myself at RTM, and voila.

Once or twice a day, I cull through the inbox, assign dates/priorities/tags/locations/etc., and it works like a charm.

2) Another example of how I use this... I am anxious to keep my RTM address private, so I have a rule setup in my email that if any message to me has a certain phrase in it, it gets auto-forwarded to my RTM inbox. That way my wife and a few close friends can get things on to my list, the address stays secure, and I don't have to suggest anyone learn that very long email address.

3) Finally, I use the above trick as a way to get emails from my cheapo, non-web capable phone to my Gmail to RTM, so I can add tasks on the go even though I cannot access the web site away from my Mac.

I hope those ideas are helpful,
Ran
Posted 17 years ago
propertrampage says:
I use it with Quicksilver (Mac OS X) so I can add tasks without any hassle using my browser. (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/1244/)

That way, if I don't have the browser open, I don't get tempted to surf and can actually get on with stuff.
Posted 17 years ago
biz says:
Thanks for your postings. Very illuminating.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.