Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminders for only some tasks?

jsteehl says:
Surely I must be missing something but the way it looks you get reminders for every task that has a due date.

If I have a task "Clean my closet" I would not want a reminder (email, sms or other).

If I have a task "Get your wife a birthday gift" then I defintely want a reminder (for obvious reasons).

It looks like reminders is all or nothing. Is it possible to have reminders on and only have them sent for certain tasks? You should be able to set reminders at the task level.

If not then this is a feature request that I believe is universal (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Milk Lover,

Jason
Posted at 5:34pm on October 2, 2006
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Jason - you are not alone in desiring a more selective reminder system, and I do hope that Emily, Omar, and Bob can turn their attention to this before long.

One suggestion I have seen several times on these boards is 'per list' reminder settings.

The one year RTM birthday is coming up, so maybe they will have a few surprises up their sleave to mark the occasion.
Posted 17 years ago
jsteehl says:
Good to hear I'm not alone. I've checked out many online Todo/Lists/Calendar/Reminder offerings and RTM is the exception in this case.

HOWEVER! I'm sticking with RTM because it just feels right :)

-Jason
Posted 17 years ago
biz says:
I've used RTM "lightly" for only about 3 weeks and so far I LOVE it. The only 2 features I think it needs is an optional pop-up calendar when I want to set a Due Date, and being able to set reminders at the Task level. (This 2nd feature is WAY more important to me than the 1st feature I mentioned.) I'm not using the Reminders feature at all until I can do it at the Task level (because its current "all or nothing" inflexibility is, in my opinion, annoying and useless). I found RTM when I was searching for an online TO-DOs management app that can send reminders. I'm hoping the great folks at RTM soon change Reminders to the Task level so I can "stay in the fold" here!
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Just here to add my +++1 to per-task reminders. I was an early RTM user but found it too basic in the beginning. I came back today and was THRILLED by all the fuctionality added in the last year -- but then was stopped dead by the lack of reminders. I have over 600 tasks in my current system -- but only about 20 have reminders (and some are more advance-notice reminders than others). Aiiie! Must have per-task reminders!
Posted 17 years ago
ernal says:
I am keen on per list reminders as well. I remember raising the issue 12 months or so ago. I started using RTM when it came out 12 months ago, but went off it because of the lack of per list reminders. I got sick of spamming myself ;)
I would also like to be able to send myself a list of overdue tasks each day as well. I am sure the tgas will let me get half way there, but the per list reminder seems to be the other half that is needed to make that work properly.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Among the things that haven't been implemented, this has to be as popular a request as any made here at RTM. Per-task, or even per-list, settings would really change the way I use RTM day-to-day.
Posted 17 years ago
echo says:
I am new to RTM and after perusing it, I feel over-whelmed and if I learn all about using RTM, I won't have time to do my tasks! Is there some easy basic instruction on the use?
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.