Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

tasks completed last week

kimberly says:
Hi,

I'm trying to make a smart list that shows me tasks I completed last week. I already have a list to show me tasks completed the current week:

list:Work AND status:completed AND completedWithin:"1 week of Sunday"

How can I modify this to show last week's tasks? I've tried using completedWithin:"last week" but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!
Posted at 2:19pm on October 2, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
kimberly, unfortunately it's not currently possible to reference something like 'last Sunday' (which I think is what would be needed to make this work) -- it only knows when the upcoming Sunday will be.

If anyone can think of anything creative that might work, please feel free to post (I've seen a number of creative queries posted here that I would never have thought of myself :)
Posted 17 years ago
erik says:
This is maybe a long shot, and I don't really have a good way of testing, but how about something like:
AND completedWithin:"2 weeks of Sunday"
AND NOT completedWithin:"1 week of Sunday"

if this works, technically it would grab items completed in the weeks before and after the current week, but unless you are completing items in the future, it just may be a solution.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
erik, this is an awesome idea -- very creative!

I tried this out in my account with:

status:completed AND completedWithin:"2 weeks of Sunday" NOT completedWithin:"1 week of Sunday"

(exactly the same, just taking out the 'AND' directly before the 'NOT')

It's showing all tasks completed from Mon 25th Sep to Sun 1st Oct inclusive, which looks right to me -- thanks for sharing this great solution.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Like so many clever ideas, Erik, that sure looks simple when you see it, but wow, I wouldn't have thought of that. Thank you for sharing this idea.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.