Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Opera 8.54: shorcut key doesn't focus field

norz says:
when pressing a shortcut key on a task, eg "r" to rename, the field changes to edit mode and text is selected, but the field is *not focused*.

nb: this doesn't happen with k-meleon, only verified with opera 8.54 on windows.
Posted at 10:30am on September 5, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
norz, thanks for letting us know! Unfortunately it seems to be affecting Opera 8.5 specifically (it works in Opera 9), but we'll see if we can fix this.
Posted 17 years ago
norz says:
thanks! :)
nb: I can focus the field with the keyboard by pressing shift+tab 5 times, after using the rename function. But this is not very convenient. ;)

(I know I'm using a "niche market" browser, but on my computer, it's just so efficient, Firefox is too slow... :) )
Posted 17 years ago
norz says:
More info:
- pressing "y" to add a new note works correctly: opens field (textarea?) and *gives focus* to the field
- pressing "d", "s", "l", "r" puts the respective fields into edit put doesn't give them focus.
Strange: it puts *all* of these fields into edit mode at the same time, ie: putting one field of these fields into edit mode, doesn't change the one currently in edit mode to display mode.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for the details -- this is definitely not the intended behaviour :) We're looking into this -- in the meantime, if by any chance you're able to upgrade to Opera 9, it will work properly with that. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.