Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating Task Never Ends

jwoodell says:
Hi folks,

I put in a repeating task and set the due date as the first date I want to do the task (Thu Sept 6 at 6pm), then put in the repeat interval like so:

every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday until 7 Oct 06

When I subscribed to the calendar via Google Calendar, the task shows up repeating all the way until January of 2009.

I tried changing the repeat interval to

every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday for 13 times

to see if this fixes it. Google calendar still has it until 1/2009, but maybe the calendar just hasn't refreshed yet?

Is this a bug in RTM? Or is it Google calendar's fault?

Thanks.
Posted at 11:03am on September 3, 2006
jwoodell says:
Okay, Google calendar seems to have updated, but now has two versions of the task--the one that repeats 13 times, AND the one that goes until 2009.

:-(
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, it sounds like Google Calendar might not be handling this type of repeat correctly -- we'll check into this just in case it's a problem on our end. Thanks for reporting this issue!
Posted 17 years ago
jwoodell says:
You're welcome. I just checked, and it looks like Google calendar finally got rid of the entries that went to 2009. So it seems as long as I use the "repeat for 'n' times" format I might be okay.

By the way, I also subscribed to the same calendar on my Apple iCalendar and the same thing happened, so I don't think it's just Google.

-Jim
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.