Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

emailing tasks not working

(closed account) says:
Hello I am trying to send in a task using either of two emails listed in "Info" and while I don't get any errors about the mailing (gmail), I do not see the entries on my task list.

I used the example listed in the help section. Thanks!
Posted at 2:39am on August 28, 2006
(closed account) says:
Ok i figured that out. Sorry for the premature post. I see the task on my list, but it doesn't show up in Google Calendar so maybe google doesn't refresh the icalendar feed often?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Google refreshes the iCalendar feed periodically (I'm not sure how often they're currently updating), so you might need to wait a little while for it to show up.
Posted 17 years ago
erik says:
If you are relying on the google ical feed, expect delays of a few hours. I believe the response I got from google was it's refreshed every 3 hours (and there's no manual way to refresh!).
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
That's way better than it used to be. Used to take over a WEEK!
Posted 17 years ago
gmalone says:
So, what's the point in a "task manager" (Remember the Milk) "feeding" an iCal-enabled calendar (Google Calendar) if it's not updated in a timely fashion? When I'm updating tasks in RTM, I *need* them to show up in Google Calendar as instantaneously as possible so I can have a current calendar w/ tasks listed. Come on, Google, you can do better than that.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.