Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Rolling Tasks?

bugsie says:
Is it possible to create a task that rolls forward?
I have a number of things that I need to get done but not by a specific date. Therefore, I am constantly postponing them which is tedious.

I could set them up without a date but then they disappear down the bottom of the lists and out of awareness.

Grateful for any thoughts and suggestions...
Posted at 8:30am on October 6, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
bugsie,
There's no way to have a dated task automatically move forward; sorry.

It sounds like the best solution would be to set them without a date without them disappearing from your view. Perhaps a Smart List that limits future-dated tasks would help? Something like due:today OR due:never may return too many tasks, in which case you could limit it to high-priority tasks that are undated: due:today OR (due:never AND priority:1).

Otherwise, you may be able to use something like sleeper tags to show and hide some tasks based on your criteria.

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
bugsie says:
Many thanks. Adding "due:never" to the list that currently has due:Today and due:BeforeToday has done the trick!

Effective in both RTM and RTM for GMail.
Posted 13 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You probably mean due:today OR dueBefore:today which can be restated as dueBefore:tomorrow.
Posted 13 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Another old thread that ties right into this one: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/2721/
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.