Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tagging multiple items

alessm says:
I can't seem to be able to do this and I'm not sure if this is a bug report of a feature request.

When several tasks are selected, adding a tag using the keyboard shortcut (s) will only tag the last item selected.

The postpone command works on multiple items without issue.

Thanks
Posted at 3:02pm on August 15, 2006
(closed account) says:
The "checkbox" scheme seems to be a bit misleading. I too thought that checked items would be altered at once, but then I found about the "multiple" shortcut (m).

Emily, may I suggest that the "multiple mode" be automatically invoked when multiple items are checked?
Posted 17 years ago
alessm says:
Multiple mode solves it!

but yeah, I second thomas.
Posted 17 years ago
thierry says:
I do as well; it took me a while to understand the trick!
Posted 17 years ago
quepol says:
when editing multiple items -- specifically, when tagging multiple items -- any info that already exists for that item is deleted.

e.g. multi-edit, select several items, hit 's' to tag, enter tags... any prior tags for those items are now gone!
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
quepol, did you try the steps for tagging multiple tasks outlined here? It's necessary to enter the tags after the '<Multiple>', otherwise the tags will be overriden with the new ones.
Posted 17 years ago
quepol says:
thanks for replying emily. i discovered this after a couple tries. seems strange to me that this is the default, but i do understand that perhaps people would want to override their existing tags.

i will just have to try to remember this step. :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.