Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Setting Due date doesn't parse year correctly

calibertolls says:
I am trying to set a due date on a task for Aug 31, 2007. When I enter "Aug 31 07" into the due date field, I get "Thu 31 Aug 06 at 7:00AM" as a result. When I enter "Aug 31 2007" I get "Thu 31 Aug 06 at 8:07PM". I also tried entering a comma after the date and before the year, but it ignored that.

I was finally able to get it to work by entering "31 aug 2007". So, it appears RTM is not honoring the date format setting of mm dd yy when entering with named months.

Latisha

Posted at 5:55pm on August 5, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Latisha, thanks for your report!

The mm/dd/yyyy format will work with numerical dates (e.g. 08/31/2007 or just 08/31), but doesn't apply to due dates that include month names. If you're using a month name, you can enter 'Aug 31' or '31 Aug', but if you include the year you will need to make it '31 Aug 2007'. We'll be looking at how we can improve this in future. A list of currently supported date formats is available here.
Posted 17 years ago
calibertolls says:
That list helps, thanks.

I guess if us yanks didn't write our days and months backwards, it wouldn't be an issue. :)

Latisha
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.