Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail hack

(closed account) says:
I email my RTM reminders to Gmail. An easy way to track all your tasks is to create a filter for l your RTM reminders. I both star my reminders and use the label TASKS. Its a quick way of making sure you never miss an email reminder and you can see all your rtm tasks with one click.
Posted at 12:36am on July 23, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
carib, thanks for sharing this -- this is a neat idea :)
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Here's another Gmail hack I use all the time...

I have a filter set up in Gmail so that email with a certain keyword mailed to me gets auto-forwarded to my RTM inbox. My wife would never remember the RTM email address, or use it even if I added it to her address book, but it's very easy for her to add the keyword to any of her emails that she wants to get onto my todolist, and this way her suggestions (and a very few other people I am willing to add directly to my RTM) are waiting in my inbox when I review my tasks there.

Another use for this is when I email an article to myself about an issue I want to pursue further. I just add the keyword to my email to myself, and it goes right to RTM.

RTM and Gmail are simply great together.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Are you adding the keyword to the subject or body?
Since gMail supports plus-addressing, it might be easy to add "+rtm" to your gmail address... for example,

my.gmail.address+rtm@gmail.com

The mail would go to your inbox as usual, but would be easy to filter.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I decided on a message body keyword because that was easier to explain to other people, but you are exactly right that gmail lets you do the email+keyword@gmail.com scheme.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.