Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Remove Shared Inbox

timmorgan says:
I managed to hook up with a shared Inbox of one of my contacts, and can't seem to get it removed. Help?
Posted at 7:51pm on October 13, 2005
jrichter says:
Im the shared contact and I cant remove him either.
Posted 18 years ago
jrichter says:
And now, when I email myself a task, it comes up with tim as the one sending me the task... very weird. He did email me one task though. Now it seems to think he emails me all others as well.
Posted 18 years ago
timmorgan says:
Short of starting over with a new account, I don't know how to remove this stupid shared inbox. I know it was moronic to add someone's inbox to my lists, but I did it. And now I can't get rid of it. ARRGGG. Help?
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We'll see if we can fix this up (we probably shouldn't allow sharing of the Inbox or Sent in future :)

Was it just the Inbox that you had shared? We should be able to remove that share.
Posted 18 years ago
ftelegdy says:
I accidently accepted a shared Sent from a contact. DOH! I'd love to be able to get rid of it. :)

"we probably shouldn't allow sharing of the Inbox or Sent in future"

I'd HIGHLY recommend that. Noobs, like me, will have shared something before they fully understand what's what.
Posted 18 years ago
timmorgan says:
Yeah it was just the inbox.
Posted 18 years ago
blitzed says:
I'm having the same problem, but I have another folder shared too ('Thomar'). You can remove that share if that is a problem. Thanks in advance.
Posted 18 years ago
blitzed, please email us at [old address removed] with the names of the shared lists and the usernames who you're sharing them with -- we can then 'unshare' them for you.

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
anat says:
having the same problem....shared inbox is locked even though I've removed each other from respective contacts & I'm no longer sharing between accounts. Is it getting confused with its inherent inbox and locking it?
Posted 18 years ago
anat, it won't allow you to unshare a list once it's shared (this is in case the other person has made changes to tasks they want to keep). If you have a shared Inbox that you'd like us to 'unshare', please email us at [old address removed] with your username and the username of the person you're sharing with.
Posted 18 years ago
aio says:
seems like a lot of work to unshare a list.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.