Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Search bug with OR

mbw234 says:
Many searches I do with OR's do not work properly.

For example, If I just wanted to have a list of _all_ tasks I have entered, I thought this would work:

However, this only brings up a list of all the tasks that are not yet completed.

Also, if I wanted to search for all tasks due today or due in the past, I thought this would work:

dueBefore:today OR due:today

But this only brings up tasks that are due today.

Does the OR logical operator only work with certain other operators (such as priority:) ?

Thanks
Posted at 5:00pm on July 1, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Incomplete and completed tasks are always split into two views, even when searched for together -- you will need to click on the 'completed' link to see completed tasks (if you search only for completed tasks, it will automatically take you to that view).

"dueBefore:today OR due:today" should work, but will only show incomplete tasks (as above, you'd need to switch to the completed view for any tasks that had already been completed).

Hope this helps -- if you're still experiencing problems, we'd be happy to investigate further. Please email us at [old address removed] with your search query, the search results you received, and the search results you expected. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
mbw234 says:
Thanks for the reply... actually I just realized what the problem was. I was creating some test tasks to try it out, and when I set the date as "June 1st" it defaulted to 2007, so of course that was not showing up as dueBefore:today ...

all is well, thanks.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.