Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

trouble with sending a new task

rcamner says:
I'm trying out RTM and trying to use the "send task via email" feature.

I am sending the email to myusername+weirdnumber+import@rmilk.com

The first email I sent had a subject and nothing in the body other than a single line. This email didn't end up anywhere!

The second email I sent had the following in the body:
L: Costa Rica
---
Note heading

Note content

I have a list called "Costa Rica". I expected a new task to appear with a note in the Costa Rica list. Instead, I got a new task in my Inbox. The task name was "L: Costa Rica", and the subject of the email appeared nowhere, nor did the notes.

I've obviously missed something important here...where did my first email go, and why didn't the second email end up on the Costa Rica list?
Posted at 5:13am on June 30, 2006
rcamner says:
OK, I've managed to puzzle somethings out.

1. Using the 'import' email address is incorrect usage for what I was trying to do. I needed to use the 'plain' email address.

2. I used '-----' as a separator rather than '---'. That's what seemed to cause the 'second email' results. When I changed the separator to '---', everything worked as it should.

I'd like to suggest that RTM shouldn't be so touchy about whether someone gets the note separator exactly right!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.